Thursday, April 2, 2015

A blessed Holy Thursday to all of you!

We have grass! Could spring finally be sprung?!
Hello all, and I hope that you're as excited about the start of the Triduum as I am! I'm home from work for the duration actually, through Easter Monday. A mini staycation of sorts. :) And I'm loving it, it's been a beautiful day here. So far today, I crammed in Morning Prayer, worked a bit on a pair of Easter socks that I'm knitting, then got ready so that the four of us could run a few errands. Mike's car needed a new battery, so we took care of that, and then went to Dinosaur BBQ for lunch. I'd never been there before, this franchise is new to our city, and HELLO! We'll be going there again. :0 Awesome beer on tap plus barbecue sandwiches? Yes, on all fronts. The kids liked it too, getting small barbecued sliders with homemade macaroni and cheese on the side. It was a huge hit.

Now we're home, Anne is napping, Henry is over at a friend's house, and I'm thinking ahead to the Mass of the Lord's Supper at 7 pm. This will be my very first time attending this liturgy, and I can hardly stand it, I'm so excited. My Triduum Fever has rubbed off on Henry and he has volunteered to go with me tonight, which should qualify as a miracle for somebody's cause of canonization, I'm thinking. I'm looking forward to that very much, and I'm hoping that I don't forget about Evening Prayer tonight, because that little enterprise has been going very well so far for the week. I attempted to pray a rosary in the car today while we were running errands, but with interruptions every 15 seconds of...:

"Mommy! What's that? Why is it taking so long, Mommy? Where are we going again? Mommy, Henry made a face at me! ARE WE THERE YET, MOMMY?!"

...I got through two mysteries. :0 Sometimes, that's all you can do. But I'm feeling spiritually bright eyed and bushy tailed for tonight's liturgy. Tomorrow, I doubt I'll do 7 Quick Takes, because I just won't have time, but I will check in with all of you briefly about how Holy Thursday Mass went. And then Anne and I will be attending the 3 pm Celebration of the Lord's Passion and Veneration of the Cross. Oh! And don't forget about the start of the Divine Mercy Novena tomorrow. :)

How is your Holy Thursday going, dear reader? *heart*

1 comment:

  1. Just read in Magnificat that attendance at the Evening Mass of the Lord's Supper takes the place of Evening Prayer. I learn something new everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one, and I will respond to each one personally!