Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A new chaplet in my arsenal...

I just added a new chaplet to my bevy of rosaries and chaplets, and thought I'd share.

Cam over at Full of Grace Creations on etsy made me a chaplet dedicated to Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, the only Native American ever beatified, at my request. I detailed Blessed Kateri's importance to my family's faith life about a month ago, and read up on her chaplet.

It's a set of 24 beads, one devoted to each year of her life. Each set of 8 has different significance. On the 8 brown beads you recite 8 Our Fathers; on the 8 red beads you recite Hail Mary's; and on the 8 crystal beads you recite Glory Be's. The colors represent earth, blood/love, and water, respectively. It's officially called a "Kateri Indian Rosary" although I don't totally love that name. :)

Here's my chaplet:


So pretty. :) I plan to ask Blessed Kateri's intercession on any number of intentions.

2 comments:

  1. I love it :)

    I saw it in Cam's shop and wondered if the Tiffany it was reserved for was you.

    I also love Blessed Kateri. They had a statue of her at the Cathedral I used to attend. They have a large Native American population there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one, and I will respond to each one personally!